<a target="_blank" href="https://synclife.page.link/cb" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"> </a>
The Vice Chancellor of Kyambogo University, Prof. Elly Katunguka, has broken silence on the reopening of the Banda based campus. In a press conference held Monday, Prof Katunguka announced that the second biggest public university will open on Saturday, October 17th and lectures begin on Monday, October 19th 2020.
He said that all final year students will then start their exams a month later, on November 16 but no student will be allowed to sit for the papers without clearing the tuition balance.
“I advise all final year students who had not enrolled and registered to do so immediately the University re-opens because no student will be allowed into the examination room unless he/she is fully paid up,” Katunguka said.
The Vice Chancellor added that, “Government sponsored students had received their food and living out allowances for semester two and there won’t be any other allowances from government.”
Prof Katunguka said that about 75% of teaching, which includes lecturing, giving assignments and coursework, had been completed before the temporary closure of education institutions on Friday, 20th March 2020. The remaining 25% will be completed within a period of four weeks.
He revealed that all halls of residence will be fumigated and halls will only be filled to half capacity.
“All students’ property will be disinfected before accessing halls of residence and at all halls of residence there will be hand washing facilities,” he added.
Katunguka said that the university management negotiated with hostel owners and agreed that the hostel fees which the students had paid for Semester II 2019/ 2020 will be carried forward to cater for this period to enable the students complete their studies.