LDC appoints Mulalira Faisal new assistant director Lira Campus
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Kampala top Lawyer Mr. Mulalira Faisal Umar has been appointed the new Law Development Centre’s (LDC) assistant director for Lira Campus. Whisper Eye Reports
Mr. Mulalira one of the managing directors of M/s Nabukenya, Mulalira & Co. Advocates was appointed this month on 13th December 2020 by the LDC’s management committee and approved by the Attorney General as the assistant director Law Development Lira campus.
“He will start his full-time job which was advertised in September 2020 emerging the best on 1st January 2020. His four-year contract is renewable depending on his performance. Mr. Mulalira is also currently the executive council member of the Uganda Law Society. One of the officials of the LDC’s management committee who is not allowed to speak on its behalf said.
Mr. Mulalira will assume his new role. Mulalira will be the first assistant director of the newly launched Lira campus of the LDC. Mulalira 34, has been a lecturer and rose through the ranks to become a director.
Whisper Eye has learned the position attracted other candidates, was advertised after the Lira LDC campus was launched for operation starting this coming January 2021.
Mulalira competed with close to seven candidates emerging the best-qualified for the job.
According to the qualifications and experience for the job slot, one had to possess the following:-
• LLB (Hons) degree from a recognized university.
• Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre
• LLM degree or MBA from a recognized university.
• Postgraduate qualification in public administration or management is an added advantage.
• Must be an enrolled member of the Uganda Bar.
• At least 8 years’ experience in private or public legal practice five (5) of which must have been in administration or managerial position.
• Broad knowledge of coordinating administration and/or academic programs.
According to LDC, the purpose of the job was to provide strategic leadership and ensure efficient and effective running of the Regional Campus (Lira).
Mr. Mulalira was also among the best 10 students who graduated out of 860 students in 2010/2011 and later enroll as an advocate in 2013 to date.