The Federation of Motorsports Clubs of Uganda (FMU) has cleared ten crews to participate in the third round of the African Rally Championship due to take place in Kenya this month.
The letter addressed to the Chief Executive Office of the Kenya Motorsport Federation (KMSF) by FMU president Dipu Ruparelia on Monday cleared ten Ugandan crews for “The Equator Rally” scheduled for 23rd – 25th April in Kenya.
SMC Challenge and Lake Mburo Mbarara rallies winning duo of Duncan Mubiru and Musa Nsubuga will lead team Uganda to the continental event.
The duo currently tops the NRC Driver’s standings with 190 points after three NRC events.
Other crews selected for the continental Championship include 2019 NRC champion Yasin Nasser/ Ali Katumba, Kepher Walubi/ Asuman Mohamed, Christakis Fitidis, Rajiv Ruparelia/Enoch Olinga among others.
The Equator Rally is technically the third event on the African calendar but will be the second to be held after the Rallye Bandama that took place in Ivory Coast last year in February.
Uganda (Pearl of Africa rally), Zambia, Tanzania, South Africa, and Rwanda had initially called off their events in 2020 after the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic but all expected to be rescheduled for this year.
Team Uganda will feature in the Equator rally event in Kenya to score qualification points for the World Rally Championship earmarked for July in Kenya.
Crews cleared for Equator Rally Championship
1. Mr. Duncan Mubiru & Mr. Musa Nsubuga License No R21/017 & R21/012 Crew
2. Mr. Kepher Walubi & Mr. Asuman Mohammed License No R21/033 & R21/104 Crew
3. Mr. Christakis Fitidis License No. R21/013
4. Mr. Abdul Kateete & Ms. Rahma Mohammed License No. R21/023 & R21/022 Crew
5. Mr. Amaanraj Singh Rai License No R21/135
6. Mr. Yassin Nasser & Mr. Ali Katumba License No. R21/001 & R21/002 Crew
7. Mr. Ronald Sebuguzi & Mr. Anthony Mugambwa License No. R21/005 & R21/038 Crew
8. Mr. Hassan Alwi Jr License No. R21/007
9. Mr. Rajiv Ruperalia & Mr. Eroch Olinga License No. R21/119 & R12/114 Crew
10. Mr. Jas Mangat & Mr. Joseph Kamya License No. R21/019 & R21/018 Crew
KISORO– Onion growers in Kanaba Sub county, Kisoro district have praised the Kisoro district Local Government and the National Resistance Movement (NRM) for doubling their efforts and ensuring Cyananke- Gisasa- Koga- Rugarama road is rehabilitated....Read more